This is my favourite dessert and is simply delicious. Either add 2 tablespoons of dukkah to your usual crumble recipe or use mine below – this has been passed down from generations (the dukkah is my addition, obviously!)
- 225g plain flour (use wholemeal if you wish)
- 75g butter (at room temperature)
- 75-100g soft brown sugar (you choose how sweet)
- 2 tablespoons of Thistle Be Good dukkah
- 900g fruit of your choice – apples, rhubarb, quince etc.
Place flour in large mixing bowl, then add butter and rub it into the flour lightly using your fingertips. When it looks crumbly and butter has been evenly rubbed, add the sugar and dukkah and mix well with flour/butter mixture. (alternatively, you can pop it into a food processor.)
Now sprinkle the crumble mix over the fruit that you have put into an oven-proof dish. Place dish into pre-warmed oven 180 degree C and back for 30 to 40 minutes until the top is tinged with brown. (Serves 6)
Serve with a dollop of vanilla icecream or pouring cream – yum!